WELCOME TO THE HOME OF CREATIVE GENIUS
WELCOME TO GAME PLAY LEARN
Subscribe to the GPL PlayNews email for regular updates to spark questioning and creativity to improve your sporting experience.
You'll get fresh content, access to GPL blog posts and updates on upcoming PlayShop courses and events.
ARE YOU A Creative Coach?
Learn to Facilitate The GPL Way!
Join an Online Learning Community of Parents, Coaches and Teachers around the world, desiring to Nurture Passion and Potential in their Learners.
Get the Learning hidden in FUN!
We challenge you to not just follow GAME PLAY LEARN, but join the Learning Journey!
We Desire to Nurture Passion and Potential through Designing and Facilitating Inspiring Experiences with the Learning Hidden in FUN.
We Believe in Offering Opportunities for players to Nurture their Creativity through Free Play and Self-Autonomy.
We Believe in Letting Kids be Kids and each Individual's right to be included, listened to, and supported in expressing themselves.
Our Leading Values that we respect and consider in all our practices are:
- CREATIVITY: To us, creativity means individuality and self-expression; Each person is uniquely different in their own right.
- RELATIONSHIP: We Value the Person over the Performance; They are a Person First, Player Second.
- FACILITATION: Facilitating means being an 'unobtrusive guide' as apposed to Instructing
- DIVERSITY: We value diversity for learning to adapt and be inclusive of different people (e.g mixed ages), tasks (e.g multi-sport) and environments (e.g. girls only and mixed gender, varying surfaces and conditions)
- TIME: We are conscious of the tension of time; Living fully in the experience of the moment, whilst valuing 'flow', daydreaming and the long term journey.
- TRUST: We embrace the complexity of life and learning; We let go of the 'illusion of control' and trust in other Learners capabilities, and the learning dynamics between the task and environment.
The GAME PLAY LEARN Philosophy
The GPL Philosophy was built on the learnings and contributions of Joey Peters, Brad Porter, Mark O'Sullivan, Andre Gumprecht and Matthew O'Neil.
It is underpinned by theories of Self-Determination (SDT), a Constraints-Led Approach (CLA), and Ecological Dynamics (ED). Our practices are also informed by Skill Acquisition and Non-Linear Pedagogy.
GPL embraces a truly Holistic approach with Individual-Task-Environment Learning to provide a foundation of Principles from which our Vision, Values and Practices are given life.
The GPL Philosophy can be applied to all Sports and Group Contexts including Child Development and Special Needs ('Superbilities')