Supporting Clubs to Facilitate Play the GPL Way
Partner with GPL to nurture the creativity in your players and develop an engaging and sustainable facilitation approach, ensuring retention at your club
Q. Are you looking to expand your player numbers?
Q. Are you after quality coaching for developing your players?
Q. Are you open to innovative and creative ways to provide a great experience for your members?
GPL Event For Your Club
Events delivered at your club (Lake Macquarie area only)
One-off or weekend events across Australia
Your club hosted at the GPL Club in Belmont, NSW
- For Juniors, Youth, Women’s, Coaches, Parents or Whole of Club initiatives.
- Ideas for Events: Season Launch Weekend | Coach Development Weekend | Female Football Week | Pre-Season ‘Skills’ Program |’In-house’ Small-Sided Competition | In-Season Player Development Program | End of Season Event | Post Season Multi-Sport Program.
Joey Peters and her team take care of everything from registration and communication with Key Club Contacts, to set-up and providing equipment. We don’t want to add an ‘extra’ workload for members yet involvement from all is welcome.
Joey Articulates The GPL Approach throughout the Event and welcomes input and questions from Club members i.e. Coaches and Parents in relation to:
- Explaining the carefully designed Games for Age-Appropriate Play and their benefits
- How to work with kids and/or girls to draw out each individual’s potential and unleash creativity.
- How to give choice and let players make more decisions in a session.
- How to nurture intrinsic motivation and a love of the game.
- How to deal with competition and encourage competitiveness without pressure.
Club members, Coaches and Parents are welcome to join in the Event as a Player and try out Facilitating the GPL Way as well
The GPL welcome Clubs to become Affiliates of our GPL Approach. As an Affiliate, you develop club volunteers and parents to become Facilitators delivering the GPL approach, and develop Programs designed to provide a specific focus for your player’s needs.
Joey Peters is able to lead various Events with your key members according to YOUR needs with the view to your Community being able to continue developing the GPL in your Club.
Focus Ideas include:
- Skill Acquisition & Creative Play
- Tactical and Strategical ‘Game Sense’
- A Tournament Experience Multi-Sport Games
- Football Conditioning Games (18+)
Provide a venue and Joey can run the Event around an organizational agreement including:
- Group numbers and types are flexible and inclusive.
- Approximate Ratio of Facilitator: Player is 1:20
- Area Required:
- Juniors and Youth: Half x Full Field (Approx. 60 x 80m)
- Seniors: Full Field (Approx. 120 x 80m)
- Club Facilities and Equipment:
- Canteen Taking Opportunities for the Club Field Area
- Power, Water, Shelter, Storage and Amenities required.
- Equipment welcomed – e.g. Miniroos Goals (Netted)
- Costing (Insurances, Promotion and Registration)
- GPL has full cover Insurance as well as Participant Permissions
- A combined promotional effort to reach all and potential new members.
- Registration Fees can be covered by the Club or as a ‘User Pay’ system.
Be a part of a Community of Learners! This group is for those who would like to try out the GPL Way in their environment. Join for great resources, discussions, debates and support.
Click here to join.
Player Rights Charter
The GPL Player Rights Charter reaffirms that player-entered philosophy, embedding respect in our facilitation and developing autonomy in our players.
Click here for the charter